30 minutes or fewer
A cook who has a delicious prepared pesto within arm’s reach is a bit like a woman who owns a perfect little black dress: Both are always ready at a moment’s notice to face an expectant public. In this recipe, the pesto is tossed with white beans to create an elegant salad in a flash.
- 2 19-oz. cans organic cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups thinly shredded red cabbage
- ⅔ cup thinly sliced green scallions or chives
- 2 to 3 Tbs. Capizzano Olive Oils & Vinegars, prepared Basil Pesto, Low Sodium, Ultra Premium EVOO
- 1 Tbs. chopped capers, drained & rinsed
1. Combine all ingredients in large bowl. Let stand 15 to 30 minutes to allow flavors to meld. Serve at room temperature.
2. Optional: Use dry cannellini beans, prepare by soaking overnight and cook as directed on package.
Suzanne’s Homemade Basil Pesto, Large handful fresh washed basil, ½ cup high polyphenol extra virgin olive oil (Hojiblanca or Manzanillo), ¼ tsp Makai Sea Salt, ½ cup almonds, slivered. Pulse super high until pesto paste, add more oil or nuts to your preference for texture.