Serves: 4 Servings
- 4 large Portobello mushroom caps
- 4 TB Capizzano’s Robust UP Extra Virgin Olive Oil…
- ¼ teaspoon Makai Deep Sea Salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
- ¾ cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh spinach
- ¼ cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons pitted, finely chopped Kalamata olives
- ½ teaspoon Capizzano’s Italian Herb Local Spicery Seasoning
- ¾ cup Capizzano’s Pomodoro e Basilico Sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 °F. Baking sheet lightly coat with olive oil to prevent sticking.
- Place mushroom caps, gill-side up, on the prepared pan. Drizzle each mushroom with about a TB of a Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil sprinkle with salt and a bit of fresh ground pepper. Roast until tender – 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix ricotta, spinach, ¼ cup Parmesan, olives, Italian seasoning and the remaining ⅛ teaspoon pepper in a medium bowl. Place marinara sauce in a small bowl, cover and microwave on High until hot, 30 seconds to 1½ minutes.
- When the mushrooms are tender, carefully pour out any liquid accumulated in the caps. Return the caps to the pan gill-side up. Spread 1 tablespoon sauce into each cap; cover the remaining sauce to keep warm. Mound a good scoop of ricotta filling into each cap and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake until hot, about 10 minutes. Serve with a drizzle of your UP Extra Virgin Olive Oil and or a spoonful of the Pomodoro e Basilico sauce.
- Serve with micro greens and fresh tomatoes, sea salt and a drizzle of our Traditional 18 Year Aged Balsamic.