Walnut Green Bean Spread
- Prep Time15 min
- Cook Time35 min
- Total Time50 min
- 1 pound green beans
- Medium sweet onion, thinly sliced ( about 1/2 cup)
- 2 TBS Picual or Coratina Extra Virgin Olive Oil to sauté the onions
- ¼ tsp. Sea Salt to taste
- 1 cup walnuts
- 4 tsp lemon juice (I used fresh lemon juice) or 3 tsp. white miso soup
- Add 4 TBS Wild Mushroom & Sage Olive Oil in while mixing ingredients in food processor.
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- Green Scallions and/or Red Bell Peppers, finely chopped to garnish top for color
- Carrots, Celery or red pepper, sliced thinly to use for dipping
Wash & snip green beans. In medium pan low heat, steam the green beans covered in ½ inch of water until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain. Set aside.
Slice the onion thinly, should be about ½ cup. Heat the EVOO in a pan medium heat. Add onions, sauté for 3 minutes. Add sea salt, reduce heat, and cook covered for 5 minutes or until soft. Uncover, raise the heat to medium high cook for 10 minutes until browned, stirring often.
Grind walnuts in a food processor. Add the cooked green beans and onions process thoroughly. Add miso or lemon juice, Wild Mushroom & Sage Olive Oil and pepper process for a few more seconds, until blended. Should be looking like a hummus spread, if the texture is too thick, add more lemon juice and/or Mushroom & Sage Olive Oil, mix again.
Taste and adjust seasoning if needed. Transfer to a glass bowl. Drizzle desired your favorite flavorful Extra Virgin Olive Oil on top before serving.
I used Wild Mushroom & Sage Infused Olive Oil. I drizzle a generous amount of Wild Mushroom and Sage Infused Olive Oil on top before serving
Cut peppers, celery and/or carrots in thin pieces or use your favorite crackers to dip into this delicious goodness.