Capizzano’s Tortellini Spinach Soup
- Prep Time15 min
- Cook Time25 min
- Total Time40 min
- 1 Onions, diced
- 2 cloves Garlic, sliced thinly
- 4 – 5 Tablespoons Capizzano’s UP Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 box of Organic Bone Broth (chicken)
- 1 jar of Pomodoro e Basilico sauce
- Pinch of sweet basil and oregano herbs
- 1 package frozen tortellini (I prefer the cheese stuffed)
- Baby spinach or baby kale snip the stems off.
- Basil Infused Olive Oil to drizzle on top of soup.
- Options: Baklouti Chile Pepper (spicy) or Garlic Olive Oils
Sauté on medium high heat, the onion and garlic in EVOO until translucent.
Add Organic Bone Broth and Pomodoro e Basilico sauce to pan. Simmer on medium until just starting to boil. Add a pinch of sweet basil and oregano. Stir. Turn heat down.
Cook tortellini in separate pot as directed until just tender. Drain and add to the tomato sauce/broth. Stir gently.
Add a large handful of baby spinach in pot. Serve immediately so spinach stays green and not over cooked in pot.
Drizzle Capizzano’s Olive Oil on top of soup before serving.